12.31.2008

Drink in the New Year


Tonight is New Year’s Eve and, for me, that’s kind of a big deal. You see, this is the first year since I’ve been of legal drinking age that I’m not employed as a bartender and thus, have the evening (and tomorrow, for that matter) to enjoy a tipple or two of my own! It’s snowing here now and I’m on my way out of the office, but I’ll be stopping into the grocery store to pick up some raspberries for this tasty delight. I suggest you give it a try yourself and toast to a happy, healthy New Year! Cheers!

Raspberry Bellini

2 oz. Leblon Cachaça
6 raspberries
A dash of lime juice
2 tsp. superfine sugar
Top with Perrier Jouet champagne

Muddle raspberries, superfine sugar, and fresh lime juice in a shaker. Fill the shaker with ice and add Leblon Cachaça. Shake vigorously. Strain into a champagne flute and top with Perrier Jouet. Enjoy!

1 comment:

Steve Raye said...

Hope you had a great New Years party. Steve