5.05.2011

Happy Cinco de Mayo

Today is a glorious day. It's Cinco de Mayo. No, it is not actually Mexico's Independence Day, but rather, it commemorates the Mexican army's victory over the French at the Battle of Puebla in 1862.

As you can see, I spent much of last night with my dutiful hand juicer well, in hand. I've got a couple of Margarita recipes up my sleeve to entertain friends at our evening's fiesta at my home. Here's the Margarita menu:

Stephanie's Classic Triple Sec Margarita:

  • 2 parts blanco or plata 100 % agave tequila

  • 1 part Hiram Walker Triple Sec (my go-to Triple Sec over Cointreau, especially if I’m planning to make drinks for a large group like tonight)

  • 3/4 part fresh lime juice

  • 1/4 part (or two bar spoons) agave syrup (Optional, but in my mind, quite a delightful addition)

Incorporating a different taste from another of my favorite products from the broad "orange liqueur" category is the classic with quite the deeply rooted heritage

Imperial Daisy:
  • 2 oz. Tequila Anejo
  • 1 oz. Mandarine Napoléon
  • 1 oz. Freshly squeezed lime juice
Both of these cocktails can be enjoyed by shaking well with ice and straining into a chilled cocktail glass with (my personal preference) a partially salted rim.

Enjoy your day's fiestas!
SJ

No comments: