8.23.2010

If You Were a Cocktail, Which Would You Be?

And we're considering cocktails anything from beer to wine to whiskey on the rocks or carefully crafted concoction.

This is the question I posed to the office today and I was pleasantly surprised by their answers.

Boss Steve:

Cocktail: Negroni
What's in it:
1 oz Aperol
1 oz sweet vermouth
1 oz gin
Why: The first time I had this cocktail was overlooking the Pantheon in Italy, reminding him of Italy and good memories. It tastes like Italy.

Financial Finagler Antonio:

Cocktail: Old Cuban
What's in it:
6 mint leaves
1 ounce simple syrup (or less, to taste)
3/4 ounce fresh-squeezed lime juice
1 1/2 ounces Bacardi 8 (or substitute another medium-bodied gold rum)
2 dashes Angostura bitters
2 ounces chilled champagne
Why: Because it's Spanish, but not really - just like him. (Anthony's heritage is Puerto Rican, mine is Cuban - I think he's just jealous ;0) )

Intern Kayla

Cocktail: Tequila Sunrise
What's in it:
1 ¾ oz. tequila
5 ½ oz. orange juice
1-2 dashes of grenadine
Why: Because it's pretty, fruity and fun and reminds her of Mexico!

Star Spirits Sipper Stephanie:

Cocktail: Tom Collins
What's in it:
2 oz
gin
1 oz lemon juice
1 tsp superfine sugar
3 oz club soda
1 maraschino cherry
1 slice orange
Why: "If I were a cocktail I'd be a Tom Collins, because I'm simple, bubbly, and come with both a sweet and (rarely) sour side. ;) It's a cool, classic drink that is most perfectly suited for the summertime atmosphere, just like me."

Me:

Cocktail
: Good ol' glass of Pinot Noir
What's in it: Pinot Noir!
Why: Because it's spicy but mellow - light enough to enjoy casually, but serious enough to stand up for itself. ;)

So there you have it! That's the majority of the BAT team in a shaker!

Which cocktail would YOU be?

Here are some of my favorite answers:

From Dale Cruse of Drinks Are On Me "
I'd be a French 75. Classic but timeless. A little sweet, a little herbal, a lot bubbly. All delicious."

From Kasey Scafariello, a friend, "How about a shot? i would be peanut butter and jelly. (3/4 Frangelico and 1/4 Chambord) the reason? because i'm usually nutty with a splash of sweetness :)."

From Casey O'Brien, a friend, "Hard cider because I'm sweet and I'll warm your heart"

From Mallory Murphy, friend, " I'm not really a put together person.. I'm a little disheveled so I'd have to be something that doesn't necessarily work together but it works -- Jack and ginger and its a little bit sweet but its got a kick."

More to come!

Cheers!
-CC



No comments: