7.22.2008

Tales: Day 5


Last day in New Orleans! I took a break from drinking (believe it or not) to go on an Airboat Swamp Tour. About thirty minutes outside of New Orleans I was able to soak up the sun and see the sights, which included swampy waterways and several alligators.

For the third time, Steve & I attempted to visit the Napoleon House for lunch, but once again it was closed! We’ll have to put it on the list for next year’s adventures. Instead we grabbed a couple Moufalettas and I did a little shopping before heading out to the Wormwood Society Absinthe Soiree.

The Soiree was a great time. It was held at Muriel’s and featured small dimly-lit lounges with absinthe fountains throughout. Attendees included everyone from Gwydion Stone to Paul Clarke to local absinthe enthusiasts. It was the perfect celebration to end my week in New Orleans. I’m already planning for next year…

No comments: