7.22.2008

Tales: Day 3


Started off the day with a little breakfast at Cafe Beignets before heading over to the Monteleone. Then it was back-to-back sessions for the day starting with Absinthe “Cocktails with a Kick.”
Next was “History of Liqueurs and Cordials” which featured some delicious cocktails and great insight into where the category has been and where it’s headed.
Took a couple laps in the Pernod Ricard tasting room next. To go along with the French theme of the tasting room, they had crepe chefs fixing up delicious treats. But after waiting in line for 15 minutes and being cut by a few guys (chivalry is definetely dead!) I gave up on that dream and headed to the long-awaited Sensory Perception session.
I found out I’m a Super-Taster which basically means most things taste awful to me! No, really, it just means my taste buds are more receptive to flavors, which explains why I can’t stand spicy food, coffee, grapefruit juice, or tonic water. Now, when people call me difficult I can just say I have superior tasting abilities that they wouldn’t understand!
After taking a cab out to the famous Willie Mae’s Scotch House and finding it closed (Damn!), Steve & I headed back to the French Quarter for a tasty dinner at K Paul’s. Took a stroll down Bourbon (yikes!) before calling it a night.

No comments: