7.22.2008

Tales: Day 2


Yesterday was fantastic. I started off with the Molecular Mixology session led by Jamie Boudreau. It was like Halloween for alcoholics-several boozey sweets were handed out and they were delicious! I was worried about where to grab lunch since I don’t do seafood or spicy (I know, I’m in the wrong town), but ended up really enjoying some red beans and rice. I was wowed by Tony Abou-Ganim at the Latino Libations session where I got to talking with a few mixologists from Southern Wine & Spirits. After wandering around the French Quarter, Steve & I landed at the Palace Cafe for a Spirited Dinner with Bar Chefs Paul Clarke (of Cocktail Chronicles) and Jim Meehan (of New York’s PDT). The drinks were like nothing I’d tasted before (I especially enjoyed the Canton Collins) and the Cumin-Crusted Wild Boar was excellent. Finished up the evening at Muriel’s for the Beefeater Jubilee, sipping punch on the verrendah overlooking Jackson Square. Ready for a new day & looking forward to Sensory Perception with Darcy O’Neil this afternoon.

No comments: