3.17.2009

Drink O' The Irish


Top o’ the mornin’ to ya & Happy St. Patrick’s Day, readers. With a last name like Harrigan, you can bet I like to enjoy a few St. Patty’s Day cocktails with my corned beef & cabbage on March 17th.

Ok, so I’m not really Irish—the name’s Armenian actually, and was changed from Harrigian to Harrigan when my family arrived in America. But I feel, since I was taunted and tortured with the following song for the majority of my childhood, I should get to reap the benefits of an Irish-sounding last name:



After all, everybody’s got a little Irish in them on St. Patty’s Day. Get in touch with your Celtic roots with a few tasty (and green, of course) cocktails this eve. Cheers!

The Ugly Leprechaun

1 ½ oz. OVAL Vodka
½ oz. Jameson Irish Whiskey
½ oz. Hiram Walker Melon Liqueur
¼ oz. Fresh Lime Juice
½ oz. Simple Syrup
2 oz. Kiwi Puree
Lime wheel for garnish

Chill a large cocktail glass. Shake ingredients with ice in a shaker. Strain into chilled cocktail glass and garnish with a lime wheel.

Grasshopper

¾ oz. Cream
¾ oz. Hiram Walker Crème de Cacao, white
¾ oz. Hiram Walker Crème de Menthe, green

Pour the ingredients into a cocktail shaker filled with ice. Shake well. Strain into a chilled cocktail glass and garnish with chocolate cookie crumbs.

Irish Cooler

1 ½ oz. Absinthe Mata Hari
½ oz. Hiram Walker Peppermint Schnapps
½ oz. Cream

Combine ingredients in a cocktail shaker filled with ice. Stir. Serve over ice in a rocks glass.

2 comments:

Steveraye said...

And now we know where the song comes from...George M. Cohan.

White on Rice Couple said...

I need to go out drinking more, the Absinthe Mata Hari is new for me. How do you like it? Cheers!