While there is plenty more coverage to come I thought I’d just share a quick update with you all that I have returned to Connecticut after a fantastic trip to New Orleans for Tales of the Cocktail. Needless to say, my liver has been a bit “overworked” and my arteries are clogged with fried deliciousness. I wouldn’t have had it any other way!
So here’s the quick rundown. I went to New Orleans and, instead of a lousy t-shirt, I came back with:
- My own copy of Jill DeGroff’s book, “Lush Life: Portraits from the Bar”
- Not one, but two hats, acquired from the Beefeater Welcome Reception and Ricard Midnight Petanque, respectively. Sadly, I traveled by but did not enter Meyer’s hat shop on St. Charles, much to RumDood’s disappointment (I was on the streetcar at the time…)
- A beautiful glass bottle etched by hand that at one point contained Mandarine Napoleón XO, a product that is not currently available in the states
- Visions of chartreuse swizzles a la Mixo House
- And expanded knowledge on a wide range of subjects, from discussing emerging social media practices to exploring the sense of Umami
- A plethora of business cards from all the new acquaintances I met and cannot wait to keep in touch with
I look forward to sharing more with you as I recap and detox from this wonderful five-day adventure. But in the interim, I would love to hear from you 1) your favorite memories from Tales and 2) the best thing (swag, spirit, bitters, tchatchkes) you managed to sneak back home in your suitcase.